In the past, there are tree companies have mastered the act of mounting trees without lifts. The thing with tree climbers is that they require significant training to be able to safely mount the tree and you will be fatigued when you get to the branches you want to work on. It is best and safe to just hire an aerial lift to carry out such activities. It is essential to be able to reach heightened work areas safely during any tree trimming project especially extremely tall trees or trees in urban areas.
It is also important to find the right aerial lift for your tree trimming. Not to worry, it should not be hard to find a perfect aerial lift. This article will enlighten you on the most useful parts of aerial lifts you should look out for during tree trimming projects.
Boom lifts otherwise known as cherry pickers are the most common and popular aerial lifts. In the professional tree pruning and arborist industries, they are particularly popular. There are two main types of boom lift;
- Telescoping Boom Lifts: telescoping boom lifts are superior to scissor lifts in terms of the range of motion with rotating bases which makes them better than scissor lifts or straight booms that can only move vertically. It is a good point to note when hiring. Telescoping boom lifts have a platform that is attached to a straight boom that can then be extended to great heights which will enable you to reach tall tree branches.
- Articulated Boom Lifts: this type of boom lift is advanced compared to the telescoping boom lifts. It has a jointed boom which makes it possible for the working platform to move horizontally than a telescoping boom lift. You will find it very useful during your trimming activity, especially when navigating large branches.
Boom lifts are available in electric and diesel-powered models similar to scissor lifts. There are also boom lifts tailored for rough terrains and waterlogged grounds.
Aerial lifts are the easiest and fastest way to reach hard branches but it is quite expensive to acquire or hire and extensive operative training.
Here are a few benefits of using aerial lifts for tree trimming;
- they can provide easy and safe access to tough areas.
- The structural design allows mobility and flexibility which gives room for improved efficiency.
- It makes it easier for industries such as manufacturing plants, warehouses, and services providers to utilize these lifts.
Want to know more about Blade Platforms Services? Contact Us Today!
About Blade Platforms – Aerial Platform Rental, Mobile Elevated Working Platform Rental in North America
If you have been searing “aerial work platform rental near me” with no luck so far, you are in the right place. Our specialists will provide aerial work platform operator training so you get the most out of our equipment. Reach out to Blade Platforms today to get started.
Over the last 30 years we have proven in Europe that MEWPs/AWPs are the safest and most efficient way aerial height access. Since 2009 this concept is finally available here in the US. We have transformed the aerial lift industry by owning, leasing and operating a reliable fleet of MEWPs/AWPs in North America. Our fleet consists of top-of-the-line truck-mounted aerial platforms ranging from 108 feet to 336 feet and tracked spider lifts ranging from 50 feet to 165 feet.